I must say that this Town Board never ceases to amaze me. First, you give the taxpayers of Clarkstown a 0% tax increase, then just when we think you finally understand the message that the average citizen wants lower taxes and no sweet heart deals with special interest groups, you approve this outrageous contract with the Special Bargaining union.
This union is compromised of 6 already very highly compensated department heads, who currently make between $117,000 - $169,000/yr. This new contract gives raises and increased benefits to these already highly compensated employees at a time when the average citizen is not getting raises and is having their benefits reduced. Also, what type of precedence have you established when the regular CSEA union contract comes up for negotiation.
The six remaining departments heads in this union with their 2010 salaries are:
- Building Inspector - Peter Beary - $149,000/yr
- Director of Environmental Control - Kurian Kalarickal - $169,000/yr
- Director of Automated Systems - Robert Stritmater - $126,000/yr
- Director of Insurance - Robert Berdy - $117,000/yr
- Supt. of Parks and Recreation - Jo Anne Pedersen - $138,000/yr
- Clerk of the Works - E. Lettre - $151,000/yr